Monday, July 29, 2013

"Reading for Understanding" Textbook Review

Reading for Understanding: How Reading Apprenticeship Improves Disciplinary Learning in Secondary and College ClassroomsReading for Understanding: How Reading Apprenticeship Improves Disciplinary Learning in Secondary and College Classrooms by Ruth Schoenbach
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Reading Apprenticeship Program is innovative way to keep kids focused on reading and building literacy skills for their futures... But with limited class time and an continuously growing to-do list, as a teacher I find it difficult to make analyzing a single one page passage the prime focus of a precious class period of time. Yes, there are many elements to the program that can assist my teaching, but it takes quite a bit more effort from an already exhausted teacher to implement these rather basic things. The school year that lies ahead is my guinea pig and this is the manual to guide me, even though I think it requires more realistic connections.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment