Saturday, September 9, 2017

"The Flower Workshop: Lessons in Arranging Blooms, Branches, Fruits, and Foraged Materials" Book Review

The Flower Workshop: Lessons in Arranging Blooms, Branches, Fruits, and Foraged MaterialsThe Flower Workshop: Lessons in Arranging Blooms, Branches, Fruits, and Foraged Materials by Ariella Chezar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I remember taking a flower arranging class during my undergrad and it being loads of fun, so I was excited to receive this book to review. Bottom line, this book is gorgeous (!!) with pages of pictures of various flower arrangements and color schemes that had my yearning to go out to the market to buy flowers to decorate my house with (which I am unashamed that I actually did a few times).

I accepted it long ago that I didn't need a loved one to buy me flowers... I just needed this book instead! One of the best things to do when receiving a instructional book to review is to actually complete one or two of the recipes that the book suggests and afterwards, flower arranging may become a new stress relieving hobby. Not only did I learn color schemes and which flowers suited for the best moods, but also seasons that flowers grew, the math that goes into planning an arrangement (and not just the budget, there's symmetry to be had when it comes to roses!) and how to manipulate flowers, fruit and even birds nests into works of art.

For anyone who likes to dabble in home decorating or entertaining, or enjoys home and garden nonfiction :)"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment